4.00pmDH is due home in half an hour.
He's been away overnight.
Before he left yesterday he pulled the basket of ironing out of the garage and left it in the kitchen for me (because I can't negotiate the garage steps with my foot in plaster and a basket of ironing). I haven't done the ironing yet. He just called to tell me that he's on his way home.
And now I'm panicking because I didn't do the ironing and I know I will be 'in trouble'.
On the phone he told me that I had forgotten to tape the wrestling for him when it was on the other night. I did forget.I had asked him to call for a loaf of bread on the way home from work as we ran out. He said that because I forgot to take the wrestling he wouldn't get any bread. He also said that he would 'bitchslap' me when he gets home for forgetting.I know he was joking. He will get the bread, I'm sure. But I think he will probably leave it in the car and make out that he didn't get the bread just to prove a point.
I'm going now to at least make a start on the ironing and minimise the damage.
4.50pmHe's back home now and I was unfair about the bread - he brought it in with him.
He just asked commented that he hoped there was something I really wanted to watch on TV tonight - I said I didn't know. He said he hoped there was because there was no way I was going to get to watch it because I forgot to tape his wrestling.
While I've been sat ironing, a friend of mine sent me a text message to say that she has managed to get tickets for us to a book signing in March. I'm happy because the book signing is an author I like and I am a regular member on a website she owns. He was standing in the kitchen when the message came through and I started to tell him. He walked off into the other room as I was talking so I asked him to come back so I didn't have to shout. His reply was that he wasn't 'fucking interested'.
I'm hoping that is all I have to say tonight and that the rest of the evening passes peacefully.